Friday, November 9, 2012

Radiohead 9/11/2012

My brief stream of consciousness style review:

I went in prepared to be standing around for two hours plus, trying to make the most of listening to unfamiliar/sub-par new (new = post-OK Computer in my book) tunes being sung by a guy with a croaky voice. I should have known better.

I knew these guys were great instrumentalists. I'd heard the fables of their live show experience. They brought the goods. Thom's voice had healed since the jet-lagged NZ show, the band were tight and everything you could ask of them, and the light show and maneuvering screens added another element to the whole shebang.

I'd been listening to an assumed setlist based on most played songs this tour, so had exposure to a good percentage of the songs. Of course The Bends / OK Computer tunes were a real treat, and granted I don't mind some of the newer tunes, but there were still the occasional self-indulgent art-rock moments. The good thing is that Radiohead's talent even make those moments tolerable.

I'm way underselling this show, it was a great night and I'm sure fans of the newer material would have been blown away. I'm very happy I took the opportunity to see what the fuss was about. I only had my Samsung Galaxy S3 to record on so here's the result:

Compilation 1 (the early stuff):



Compliation 2 (the 'new' stuff):

No comments:

Post a Comment