Friday, July 27, 2012

Bloc party warm up show at the Zoo Brisbane 2012

I really really really really have no idea why I hadn't bothered to see these guys before. I enjoyed Silent Alarm when it was released but for some reason I cannot recall I hadn't bothered to check them out live on their previous visits to Australia. When I read there was a Splendour In The Grass festival warm up show announced with just two weeks notice, I knew seeing the band in a small venue like the Zoo would be a special gig so made sure I got along. Oh yeah. I'll definitely be seeing them again.


The band played an energetic set that kept the crowd dancing crazy all night and included previewing new tracks from the upcoming record 'Four', to be released next month. Both the old and new tracks sounded great and the latter included Kettling, Octopus, Real Talk, So He Begins To Lie, Team A (about prescription drugs according to Kele). They also played what Kele described as the first song the band ever wrote together 'This Is Not a Competition' which would appear to be the first time they've played it in about 9 years.


The Zoo don't allow cameras so I only got bits on my mobile. Note this has been posted on a new channel that I might be using more often in future so subscribe if you want to!



No comments:

Post a Comment